Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Okay, I Was Wrong. Really Wrong.

Yeah, my predictions were bad. The Dems figure to have about a 30 seat gain in the House, and may take the Senate. There will certainly be a recount in Virginia. I'm hearing it's the very blue parts of Missouri that haven't reported yet.

This is horrible news for Republicans. Our chances of regaining the House in '08 are slim to none. As for the Senate, we're as likely to lose seats in '08 as gain them. No, this is not bitter from defeat talk; this is what I came up with a few weeks before the election. Several of the lost House seats we quite simply are not getting back. We have a good shot at a few, but I don't think it will be enough. We are likely to make gains in the House in '08, thankfully, but not enough. We'd definitely need to win the presidential election to have any hope of regaining the House.

Sorry to sound like such a Derbyshire Republican ("We're doomed!").

More write-up tomorrow on this election, and the several recounts and so forth that will happen. Also to come: further explanation of why 2008 does not look hopeful (Congressionally speaking) and, probably a little later, a renewed write-up of 2008 presidential hopefuls, several of which have had their dreams dashed by now (such as George Allen).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home