Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Voted Today

Well, duh, you all knew that.

Anyways, I showed up at the poll at around 2:15pm, and was finished in about seven minutes. There was no line, but there were five people voting as I walked in. For those of you not in Arizona, the ballot here is four pages long, with 19 state propositions, 4 City of Mesa bond proposals, races for Governor, Treasurer, Secretary of State, Mine Inspector, Corporation Commissioner (two), Superintendent of Public Instruction, Attorney General, U.S. Senate, U.S. House, State Senate, State House (two), five members of the Central Arizona Water Conservation District board, Clerk of the Maricopa County Superior Court, board members for school governing boards of the Maricopa County Community College District (one) and Mesa Unified Scholl District (two), and 50 judicial retentions (obviously, some of those were for my district and not statewide). I was the 277th person to turn in my ballot (not counting mail-in ballots that were sent in), and while it was after the morning and lunchtime rushes, the evening rush is still left. Polls close here at 7pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home