Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

World Series

After five bad predictions, I get one right. Of course, the lone correct prediction went seven games, while my other picks won a combined two games.

Anyways, World Series prediction: Cardinals over Tigers. Yeah, I know, not exactly a conventional pick. I also believe that the star of the World Series will not be one of the big names, but some lesser figure.

I really don't understand all this talk about how unbeatable the Tigers are. People seem to have forgotten how they were talking about how beatable the Tigers were just a few weeks ago. For starters, they got swept by the Royals, of all teams, to end the regular season (and won only 19 of their last 50 games). Their hitters were 28th in the majors at drawing walks, and their OBP was 24th. Yes, they have some great pitchers, but their pitching has also proven itself quite capable of meltdowns (such as allowing 28 runs in that sweep by the Royals). Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way claiming that the Cardinals are the favorites in the series, and I readily acknowledge that by good reason the Tigers are, but the rhetoric is getting entirely too overheated. So, remember, you read it here first: a non-Cardinals fan picking them over the Tigers. Although, if the Tigers win, you can disregard remembering that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home