Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Quick Thoughts on the Baseball Playoffs

First of all, perhaps I should have refrained from posting predictions. The four teams I picked to win the first-round series are now 1-7 in the playoffs. The Yankees aren't really in too much trouble, and should pull out their series, but the other teams are looking kinda bad. True, both of the Twins' losses, along with one of the Dodgers' (and that of the Yankees) could have gone the other way pretty easily, but that doesn't do them much good right now.I'm going to make another prediction while I'm in the hole: at least one of the teams down 0-2 is going to pull off a series win.

As for the baserunning snafu of the Dodgers in the first game of their series, wow. Anyone who hasn't seen it yet, really needs to go to mlb.com or espn.com and look for it (too lazy to track down a link to post). Quite simply amazing.

As for Torii Hunter's misplay, he should have been creditted with an error. Yeah, yeah, he's an amazing center fielder and all that, but that time, he lost his gamble, he's a grown-up, I think he can handle the consequences. There is absolutely no way that hit shuold be ruled a homerun. A hit, yes; a homerun, no. So, half the postseason inside-the-park homeruns in the division play era should actually be ruled errors by Hunter (the other was also against the A's back in 2002 or 2003 or some such, hit by Ray Durham). Basically this goes back to my previous post on how they don't call errors anymore.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home