Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Baseball playoff predictions

The regular season came to an exciting conclusion (well, not as exciting as it could have been, but not bad), and the playoffs are upon us (or will be in about five hours). I figure I should get my playoff predictions in before the games start, so that I can't be accused of favoring a team after it gets off to a good start or whatever.

Anyways, I have:

Yankees over Tigers
Twins over A's

Padres over Cardinals
Dodgers over Mets

and a World Series of Yankees over Padres


Here, for comparison, are the ESPN experts' picks.

In the spirit of my regular season predictions, here are a few for the playoffs:
1) Alex Rodriguez chokes.
2) Trevor Hoffman blows at least one save.
3) Boof Bonser has at least one excellent outing in the first two rounds.
4) Sheffield or Giambi will play poorly enough that Melky Cabrera should be used in their place.
5) The Padres' run will have nothing to do with Mike Piazza, who will be unimpressive in the playoffs.

I intend to do an awards prediction post later, along with a recap of my pre-season predictions. Also, all those other postings I've been meanign to get to.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home