Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Various notes

The baseball All-Star game took place yesterday. Unfortunately, the (un-)American League won. Interestingly, ESPN had put together all-time all-star teams and posted the results of a simulated game between the two in the morning before the real game. The losing pitcher in the fantasy game was also the losing pitcher in the real game, Trevor Hoffman.

A judge has ruled against Rep. Jefferson's (D-LA) attempt to have the items seized from the raid of his congressional office (related to the bribery investigation against him) returned to him, dismissing the bizarre claim that Congress is above the law. I've blogged on this previously, and I'm feeling a bit lazy, so I'll leave it at that for now.

I expect the situation with Israel and Hamas/Hezbollah/whoever else wants to join in to escalate before any calming down (well, maybe not literally "any" but before any significant calming).

The recent terrorist attacks in India are certainly cause for concern, especially if they are traced to the Kashmir region (quite likely), which would almost certainly mean Pakistani involvement (not necessarily on the part of the government, and even if government actors were involved (their intelligence services are not completely reliable), it is very doubtful that any government higher-ups were involved).

More stuff to comment on, but not at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home