Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Immigration

It looks unlikely that Congress will pass any sort of immigration bill this year. On balance, I'd say that's a good thing. The Senate bill was a mess, with a barrel of bad for every drop of good. The House bill was good, but stood no chance in the Senate. The amnesty being offered was a bad idea, all it does is encourage further illegal immigration. Promises of increased enforcement seem less than reliable; we've had those promises before with little to show for it. The Senate bill was also unconstitutional, which I think I addressed in a previous post. The best approach, and the only approach with any kind of accountablity would be to increase enforcement now, and to only address the issue of illegals currently here after increased enforcement was effective. As always, I find it amusing that Mexico has tougher immigration laws than the United States does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home