Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

In which I complain about my fantasy team more

I dropped Matt Cain from my team recently, and what does he do in his next start? He no-hits the Angels for 7 2/3 innings. He ended up with one hit in eight innings (and four walks). If he had managed to finish the no-hitter, it would have been interesting because, even though the Angels were being no-hit, they were not being shut out. Chone Figgins walked in the first, stole second, and scored on a throwing error by Eliezer Alfonzo, the Giants' catcher.

Earlier in the day, Dusty Baker brought in Ryan Dempster, the Cubs' closer, with an eight-run lead. He'd pitched on Sunday, so it wasn't like he hadn't pitched in a week or anything, so it was a pretty unusual move to bring in the closer; usually you bring in some of the, er, lesser relievers from your bullpen who don't get a lot of work. Anyways, he gave up four runs on four hits and two walks. Not very helpful to my ERA (or WHIP, really). Dropped me out of the lead for ERA, but I maintained first place in WHIP.

In early May, I considered trading for Joe Mauer (who was on the trading block), but I decided the Barrett was good enough, and, at that point, their stats were very similar. Since then, however, Mauer has been one of the best hitters in baseball, and Barrett got a ten game suspension. (It would not have been a Mauer for Barret trade; it would have involved me giving up a reliever (possibly Dempster, which would have relieved me of yesterday's headache-inducing outing), and quite possibly been a multi-player trade; I'm just comparing the catchers because that would be the only significant impact on my team.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home