Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Steve Finley

In continuing my recent trend of posts on specific baseball players (well, it's at three now), I bring you Steve Finley. Finley has an amazing seven triples so far this season in his first 83 at-bats (up to 87 on the season after tonight's game). For those who don't follow baseball as closely as I do, that means he's only playing part-time, and is not among the top 200 for at-bats on the season. Now, he is the active career leader in triples, so that he's leading the majors may not surprise you except for two things: he's never had more than 13 triples in a season, and he's 41 years old (that's very old in baseball terms). On the alltime career list, he's moved up from a five-way tie for 116th to a three-way tie for 97th. I was skeptical of his ability to move into the top 100 this season (or possibly ever with his age, and the fact that he had three the last two seasons combined), but I guess he showed me what's what. He doesn't have a shot at number one, as his 119 pale in comparison to Sam Crawford's 309. Still, kudos to him. He's also only two homers short of the 300/300 club, so this should be quite the notable year for him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home