Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Ken Ray

I just noticed Atlanta Braves pitcher Ken Ray, who is back in the majors this season after having not pitched at that level since 1999 (with the Royals). His previous career numbers were not exactly spectacular -- an 8.74 ERA and a 2.56 WHIP. Thankfully for him, he's doing better this season with a 1.72 ERA and a 1.21 WHIP. However, my main point is the sheer persistance of the guy to spend six years out of the majors (after having made it) and to work his way back is amazing. His first appearance ofd the season was a four-pitch strikeout of Barry Bonds. He had a couple shoulder surgeries, which is part of what kept him out of the majors for so long. Anyways, congratulations to him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home