Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Cain

My prediction of Matt Cain for NL ROY is not looking so good right now. He's killing my fantasy team, too (well, not really, but he's not helping). I thought about benching him for each of his last two starts, but went against my gut feeling in a desperate attempt to gain wins. It didn't work, and he got lit up in both games.

In other fantasy news, my team has recovered from its dreadful early position (as low as 19 points, and in last place for most of the first three weeks) and spent a few days recently in first place. My offense is still pretty bad, averaging about three points per category, but my pitching is keeping my team towards the top, averaging about 8 points per category. (Scoring for those of you not familiar with rotisiere is 1 point for last place up through x points for first place (where x is the number of teams in the league; in this case, 9) in each of ten categories -- R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, S, SO, ERA, and WHIP.) Through today's games, I'm sitting in thrid place with 56 points, while the top two are tied for first at 60 points, and fourth place is at 51. Those are margins that can be overcome to bring about a change in the standings, but, more likely, I'll stay at third for another day and won't be in first for any notable length of time until my offense gets it together.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home