Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Quick Updates on Election Results

Updating a previous item, in counting the absentee ballots, in Arizona Legislative District 21, Nichols (the incumbent Republican) now leads Hettmansperger by nearly 600 votes.

Also in Arizona absentee ballot counting news, Hayworth has somewhat narrowed the gap with Mitchell, and, at last checking of Arizona's Secretary of State website, trails by 5,526 votes. I heard there were still 150,000 ballots to be counted, but I'm fairly certain that's the statewide figure, so I'm not sure how many are left to be counted in this district. It would be highly amusing to see all the networks have egg on their faces from a bad call, plus it would be cool to see Hayworth retain his seat. I wouldn't say that it's something to count on, but we shall see.

Update: There's also a recount in CT-2, in which Republican Congressman
Rob Simmons was down by 167 votes against Democrat Joe Courtney on election night. One voting machine was misread, giving Courtney an extra 100 votes. Though I'm not too optimistic about this seat, it is possible, given that the margin is now under 100 votes (the article seems to indicate some other revisions, but does not mention the exact count of the revision) for Simmons to sqeak through. The article also mentions that in 1994, the Democrat incumbent won by 21 votes in that district (I imagine the district has been slightly altered since then, though, following the 2000 census). Further update: According to CNN, the margin is 66 votes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home