Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

White Sox Win

Well, like Matt says, I'm bad at picking World Series winners (I'm up to five in a row that I've missed). Especially embarassing is that this was a sweep. However, I do believe it was the closest sweep in World Series history, with the White Sox winning the four games by a combined five runs. The 1950 World Series was won in a sweep by the Yankees by a combined six runs, and I think that was the record heading into this series. This series had the added closeness of the longest game in World Series history, a 14-inning affair (I believe the 1950 WS had one 10-inning game, but I'm too lazy to verify).

At any rate, two amazingly long droughts ending in back-to-back years after starting in back-to-back years -- quite impressive. Now it's time for the Cubs to get their hands on some of that drought-ending magic.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home