Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Friday, October 21, 2005

U.S. Senator Wins Powerball

Well, it wasn't the big prize, but Sen. Judd Gregg (R-NH) took home a check for $853,492 on Thursday. He matched the five white balls, and used the power play option which multiplied his winnings by five (the check comes out to less than $1 million due to tax withholding; he bought the ticket in Washington, D.C., apparently, so I'm not sure what taxes he'd be subject to there, though I do know that federal income taxes should be larger than that, and that New Hampshire has no income tax except for dividends and interest, which I'm not sure that Powerball winnings qualify as). He's donating at least a portion of the winnings to a charitable foundation named after his late father, a former governor of the state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home