Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Simpsons Top 100 Countdown

#95 E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt) ("(Annoyed Grunt)"="D'oh")
Season 11, Episode 5 (Guide from the Simpsons Archive)
The episode starts with a nice take on how badly Hollywood distorts stories when making them into movies. As usual, Homer becomes easily influenced by something he sees and starts challenging people to duels. Everything goes fine until Homer challenges a southern man who is all too ready to fight a duel. The Simpson family leaves town and goes to the old Simpson farm, but can't grow anything due to the high soil P.H. Homer solves the problem by ordering plutonium from the nuclear power plant and spreading it over the fields. However, the tobacco and tomato seeds cross-breed to form a new crop which Homer names tomacco. The tobacco industry tries to purchase the rights to the highly-addictive crop from Homer, but are rebuffed by Homer's ludicrously large demand. Memorable moments include "H is for Homer!", "I'm with Lisa, let's take them to the cleaners!", "Is that plutonium on your gums?" "Shut up and kiss me!", and several other amusing bits. Also amusing is that someone created their own tomacco plant because of the show, though the fruit apparently contained lethal doses of nicotine. On the downside, the show dropped off from the moment Homer's demands were rejected.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home