Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

That Live 8 Junk

Was it one of the dumbest events put on or what? Where to begin ...
  1. They weren't collecting any money, they were just trying to "raise awareness"
  2. What aid they were advocating was mostly the same old discreditted claptrap.
  3. The performers were getting gift bags worth about $12,000. Oh, no, we can't raise money for Africa, but we can shower more luxuries upon these millionaires. These people were feeling all smug and self-righteous about how they were helping out (you know, by not raising any money) while they were getting thousands of dollars in goodies. I'm sorry, but that's nothing to feel good about.
  4. They claim that the attendence and television viewership prove that people around the world wanted the G8 (the eight richest countries in the world) to act on the debt relief/increased aid they were advocating. Uh, I think there was something about a concert featuring a lot of famous musicians that people might have tuned in for. Just a thought.
  5. Wasn't this basically "Hands Across America" with music? (Nod to Warren Bell, nice Leno quote there, too)
  6. I saw some photos post-event, and I wonder what all the lefties (who make up the vast majority of the supporters of the stated agenda) thought about the vast amount of litter. I think the pics were from Philadelphia, and, well, it was simply an amazing amount of trash.
  7. Next time, how about getting out the checkbooks. I know this is a foreign idea to many people, but getting government(s) to take action is not the solution to every problem -- you're fully capable (and I encourage you) to actually take some action on your own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home