Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cannabis Apology, Weird Baseball Standings

Across the pond, the Independent has apologized for its campaign to decriminalize cannabis. It wasn't so much a reconsideration of their initial position as a reaction to the introduction of skunk, a cannabis product with 25 times the potency of what was on the market in the 1990's. Ah, unintended consequences.

In a recent column, Jayson Stark pointed out that coolstandings.com is playing out the 2007 season using 2006 stats. These exercises tend to amuse me, but there were some strange things about it. First and foremost, the Red Sox were 91-24 when he wrote about it (a figure which has increased to 98-24), and several other teams also had screwy records (such as the Giants now at 32-90). It turns out that the site lets you influence games by "boosting" the team of your choice. So, obviously, the site was overwhelmed by Red Sox fans, Bonds haters, and Dodgers fans, among a few others, all of which makes the site less interesting.

I like to keep track of how long I can maintain a connection to AIM, just because, and it recently booted me at 33 days, 22 hours, and 44 minutes. This is the new self-proclaimed record. Admittedly, some program glitches on AIM deleted previous records, but I think this one tops them. My computer is in rather desperate need of a restart now, which is part of the reason I'm clearing out links now.

And, finally, for no reason whatsoever, nuns with guns. I guess parochial schools weren't strict enough on discipline already.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home