Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Purchases That I've Recently Made, Am in the Process of Making, or Will Soon Make

I purchased Season 1 of House from Borders as it was on sale for only $19.99 through today. It's normally more in the $45 range, or, with the insane non-sale prices at Borders, $60. So, basically, it seemed like a good deal. I've heard several people mention their affection for the show; their affection had better be well-placed. I'm not really in the habit of buying entire seasons of shows I've never seen before -- movies, sure, but not television shows.

On Amazon, I've placed in my cart (only awaiting the finding of gift certificates) Supreme Conflict by Jan Greenburg, Does Education Matter? by Alison Wolfe, and the four Hannibal Lecter novels by Thomas Harris. When I first heard a member of the mainstream media had written a book on the Supreme Court, I figured it was some tired retread of old ideas, information, and the like; however, I've heard many good things about it, so it seems worth a read. Does Education Matter? focuses on credentialism, and asks less about whether education matters than if our debased version thereof does so. As for the Thomas Harris books, I've been in a couple of conversations about novels recently, and that seemed like a popular series I have not read (though I did see two of the movies). I also have not read the Bourne series, nor any John Grisham novels. As for other popular novelists, I've read only one Koontz and one Sandford, no Cussler, and I don't think any Patterson, though I seem to possess at least three unread books from that group. I need to work more on my reading.

Oh, I also purchased a car. Unfortunately, I had to go into debt.

Tomorrow, I shall be purchasing shiny objects. They're pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home