Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Should You Vote?

There's an interesting quiz purporting to tell you whether or not you should vote at DontVote.org. Despite the name, they are in favor of people voting, but want an informed electorate. The quiz involves identifying various political and pop culture figures from their picture, two multiple choice questions per picture -- one for the name and one for the title/occupation. Aside from the basic question of how important identifying the picture really is to knowledge of, say, the issues, I was troubled by the inclusion of pop culture figures until I saw that the questions were weighted; there are a total of 30 pictures with 60 questions totaling 350 points, and the pop culture figures are worth only a point per question. That certainly lessened my objection. I managed to get a perfect score, how well can you do?

It seems that the Democrats are demanding a retreat from Iraq by August 2008. Thus they have demonstrated, once again, that they know nothing about combat and/or care not a whit about our troops or combatting the Islamofascist terrorist threat.

In celebrity news, John Popper, popularly known as the frontman for Blues Traveler, was caught with a pretty hefty arsenal in his SUV, along with some marijuana. The moral of the story is not to let your friend drive your car 111mph if there's stuff in it that you don't want the cops to find.

In D-or E-list celebrity news, Mexico's 1235 pound man has slimmed down to about 840 pounds, and was able to leave his house. While I think it's great that he's working to shed the extra pounds (his goal is to lose 575 more pounds), I always wonder how people get to be like that in the first place. If nothing else, I'd like to think that you'd at least take the fact that you can no longer get out of bed as some sort of sign that you need to lose some of that weight, or, perhaps, that those who cared for him would have done something as opposed to letting him put on another six- or seven hundred pounds. This goes with my big complaint about people being so worried about hurting feelings or whatnot that they avoid the hard truths.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home