Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Doin' the Links Thing

Stanley Kurtz asks if atheism has killed Russia.

Eric Kaufmann takes a sociological look at whether demographics are making Europe more religious and believes Europe will adopt a more American style of modernity (i.e., modern and religious) in the Novemebr issue of Prospect. Can't say I agree with all of it, but an interesting read for those who are interested in reading such things.

The House of Representatives is set to return to a five day work week. I could write a decent amount about this, but, overall, it seems that Steny Hoyer is making up a schedule that is not too painful for a Marylander like himself, but causes pain for west coasters and especially for the congressmen from Alaska and Hawaii. A Tuesday night to Thursday afternoon work week always seemed rather silly, but he doesn't seem to be compensating the additional weekly hours with any extra weeks off (not sure they can have an official week off while the Senate is in session, but surely they could schedule some sort of unofficial one where they're in session, but nothing remotely important is scheduled). Being a good conservative, I think Congress does far less damage when it's out of Washington than when it's there.

A great write-up of the incident with US Airways and the imams by Debra Burlingame, the sister of the pilot of American Airlines Flight 77 (which hit the Pentagon on 9/11). Had I not already booked my plane tickets for later this month, I'd give US Airways some serious consideration.

Werner Heisenberg's birthday was Tuesday. In that spirit, a joke, which I stole from here: Werner Heisenberg, out for a drive, is stopped for speeding by a policeman. "Do you know how fast you were going?!," yells the irate cop. "No," replies Heisenberg, "but I know exactly where I am."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home