Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Oh, yeah? Well, I caught one thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big

Some fishermen in Thailand caught a 646 lbs catfish on May 1 (which, for whatever reason, is just recently making the rounds in the news). This is the largest catfish ever caught, and seems to be the largest freshwater fish ever caught. Thai records only go back to 1981, so it's possible that there was some larger one before that. It was caught in the Mekong River, which has more species of giant fish than any other river. Definitely click the link for a picture, that thing is huge. I can't say that I've ever come close ... my biggest was only 26 lbs, I think, though my grandparents caught one that weighed about 100 lbs. Of course, the Wabash River doesn't have any Mekong giant catfish in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home