Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

"Hey, he's not happy at all! He lied to us through song. I HATE when people do that!"

Simpsons Top 100 Countdown
#41 Homer and Apu
Season 5, Episode 13 (Guide from the Simpsons Archive)

After getting sick (twice) from eating spoiled meat from the Kwik-e Mart, Homer goes to the tv news to expose the unhealthy practices there. The report gets Apu fired (more for getting caught than for what he did). Apu decides that he has wronged Homer, and goes to be his servant to repay his debt. Apu eventually gets his job back when he returned to the Kwik-e Mart and took a bullet for the clerk. Memorable moments include “Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie,” Homer’s love of spoiled meat, the ordinary van (I love that part so very much that I even talked to a friend in high school about getting our own ordinary van; if you think that’s lame, well, then I guess I’m just a big lame), the hat, Homer’s Karmic retort, Homer’s early reaction to Apu trying to serve him, Who Needs the Kwik-e Mart and its immediate aftermath, Barney talking to the syrup lady, Grandpa’s meandering story, Homer and Apu’s trip including Homer ruining the whole thing and the tie-in to the traditional sign of apology, the final scene with the hugging of Apu (while scenes like that are usually a sign that the show was running short, in this case the show actually had a couple minutes worth of material cut), Apu as a hummingbird, and the “do not accept checks from these people” list.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nelson: you wanted a van! HA-HA!!

and who can forget memorable guest actor James Wood? or whoever that guy was. I never knew who he was. some guy. yeah

Sun Apr 09, 10:37:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home