Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fantasy Baseball

I participated in my first fantasy baseball draft the other day. Well, half of it anyways -- I had to leave after the tenth round (of twenty-one). For some bizarre reason, I drafted four Phillies players (Bobby Abreu, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, and Tom Gordon). Each was a reasonable choice at the time, but still, four Phillies? What was I thinking? Also of interest from the first ten rounds, Josh drafted four first-base eligible players; two could be used at other fielding positions and there is a utility spot in the league, so he can start all four, but, again, interesting. My draft was completed by Levi, who made a few picks who get the Dan seal of quality (drafting the one player I told him to (Matt Cain) was good; Reggie Sanders, Clint Barmes, and Michael Barrett were all acceptable and he added some good starters, but I neglected to tell him that I wanted an additional reliever. My fault, but I'm looking to fix that. We'll see how this all goes; I've had some experience with salary cap fantasy baseball as presented on mlb.com, but none with rotisserie leagues, so I'm just shooting for some decent finish in the league, not embarrass myself and the like.

In other baseball news, I plan to post my various predictions for the upcoming season soon, probably tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home