Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Monday, April 25, 2005

That wacky media

Well, the media is at it again. One of its favorite recurring headlines is back, this time in the Houston Chronicle: "Crime rate down, but prison population on the rise." My favorite rendition of the headline would be "Prison population on the rise despite drop in crime," or the like. They just can't seem to figure it out. Of course, I expect my readers to be able to solve that mystery.

This goes well with their shock that the new pope is actually Catholic. I believe it was Maureen Dowd who took the cake when seeming to be surprised that the pope opposed the anything-goes "morality" (usually, the quotation marks are around a different part of that phrase, but I think they're better served where I put them; don't you agree?).

Anyways, I notice that I just complained about the media in my last post (and further complained about its papal coverage prior to that), so I think I'll move on to another topic for awhile. Besides, problems in the media are something I can address in a post on just about any issue that gets much media attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home