Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

daylight savings disappointment

Indiana has decided to observe Daylight Saving Time. I'm quite disappointed. Oddly enough, the movement to put a stop to it took 33 years, from 1949 to 1972 when it was declared exempt from daylight savings, and it's been 33 years from then for them to put it back into effect. Only the portions in the Eastern time zone did not observe daylight savings; the portions in the Central time zone (in the northwest (by Chicago) and southwest corners of the state) had continued observing it (a few places along the borders of Ohio and Kentucky unofficially observed it, too). This leaves Arizona (except the Navajo reservation) and Hawaii as the only states not observing it.

Of interesting note, when arguing against daylight savings, one argument put forth by rural legislators was that it was "bad for the cows." Just seems like an amusing argument to me. (Cows need to be milked at regular intervals, and an hour switch throws that off.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home