Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Playoff Predictions

Guaranteed to be no worse than last year's ...

Division Series winners: Cubs, Brewers, Angels, Rays

World Series: Cubs over Rays

Bonus prediction: if Beckett makes more than one start, expect at least one poor outing (yeah, I'm hedging my prediction a little in case the small sample size of one start allows him to pitch well)

Prediction made so that I can say that one of my predictions was right: Ozzie Guillen will say something stupid.

*****

On a somewhat related note, I tuned into KTAR 620 AM, as they're the local ESPN Radio affiliate, to hear the broadcast of game 163, and what do I hear? Inane football chatter. Bah. If you're going to be the ESPN affiliate, carry the freakin' games! It did switch over to the game later, as I was able to listen to it at work, but, really, what football chat was there to be had that couldn't be done the day before or the day after -- or that wasn't done the day before or day after. We all know that football players are giant pansies who can only be troubled to play once a week, so let's make room to actually listen to the games of those man enough to play on a more regular basis.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your prediction accuracy would improve if you quit picking the Cubs to win it all every year :)

Sun Oct 05, 01:47:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home