Name:
Location: Metro Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I'm too lazy to type anything about me. Read my blog and I'm sure you'll eventually learn a few things.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Beginnings

Welcome to my new blog. Yes, I've finally succombed. As the title implies, there will be many political musings here (and you can probably guess what angle I'm coming from), but that probably won't be everything. Chances are, I'll start out with a flurry of posts, followed by updates on a wifli basis. So, come along for the ride (boy, doesn't that sound hokey?), or move on to something else to satisfy your humdrum life. Oh, the blog address -- Reagan is a hero of mine, and it seemed like a good, alliterative way of naming the blog. A few Reagan quotes, and then I'm out -- well, at least until I post again in the next few hours.

"No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
First Inaugural Address, January 20, 1981

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
Remarks to the White House Conference on Small Business, August 15, 1986

"A friend of mine was asked to a costume ball a short time ago. He slapped some egg on his face and went as a liberal economist."
February 11, 1988

"A recession is when your neighbor loses his job and a depression is when you lose your job. Recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his."


(I put in a hidden Reagan reference -- see if you can find it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home